I have been slow to come to blogger world, but now that I am here I see the wonder and wildness of creativity unhindered. It is as if I have walked into the original Wonka Factory and am staring wide eyed at an entire room made of chocolate. I have realized this day that sunsets over the Wellsvilles can never be duplicated and that happiness is a newly sharpened Tichonderoga pencil, a notebook with no lines, and the ability to write things that anyone can read at anytime and not really worry about it. It is all really quite overwhelming. So, I am writing a book. That in and of itself is hard to believe, but when I got the publisher's prints of my essays for the other book it all became real. It would seem that G'linda is right when she says that "there's a kind of a sort of cost . . . because happiness is what happens when all your dreams come true--isn't it?" When your biggest dreams come true there is a moment when it feels like you are standing on a precipice and you have to decide if you will fly by the seat of your pants, fall out of control, or defy Gravity.
"I think I'll try defying gravity."
1 comment:
Dearest Alisha...welcome to the world of Blog! I have recently joined as well (were you influenced by Mr. T. Daniel as well??) I agree that it is kind of exhilerating to leave your thoughts open to the world to read (at least the world of friends & family). It is a way to express ourselves to others in ways we might not if they were with us...we often get distracted by the surface things and forget to express our inner-most thoughts.
I'm exited that you are defying gravity and writng your book. You're AWESOME!!
Kendra
Post a Comment