Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome Christmas Come This Way

"Again Christmas, abiding point of return. Set apart by its mystery, mood and magic, the season seems, in a way to stand outside time. All that is dear, that is lasting, renews its hold on us: we are home again." ~Elizabeth Bowen

And so suddenly it is December. What craziness. Time seems to fly so much faster as an adult than it did as a child. When my neice Rylie asked when I was coming home again, I told her at Christmas time. She groaned and said that was so far away. When really I will be home on the eighteenth. I remember it seemed so long between Thanksgiving and Christmas~now it surprises me that it is time to put the tree up. I was a good girl this year and didn't start listening to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. And as is truly my fashion I have created a list of favorite Christmas songs, mostly secular because the hymns are a given, that signal that it is again the Season of Joy. The soundtrack is playing just left of the post. Feel free to scroll through and listen to your favorites. Each has a memory attatched. There are repeats, and covers, and all sorts of silliness, but that is part of Christmas to me. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the quote!