Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tribute

Hi folks. I haven't blogged for so long because I have been really sick. But I wanted to commemorate and memorialize four very important days and four very important people. I wrote these little things in my journal and wanted to share.

February 3-

It was papa's birthday today. My grandpa is a character. Such vinegar and sweetness exist in him at the same time. The voice that is continually raised yelling "Susanna!" is also raised in song. His gruffness belies his tender sweetness. When I was little papa used to sing "Edelwiess" to me and we would dance around the kitchen. When I grew older we would sing Frank Sinatra songs or musical tunes together in harmony. Camping was chili and singing around the campfire, and the morning of the big breakfase when we would be awakened too early with hollers for pancakes and to come and eat. He is the first to yell and the first to cry--and I love him for it. He is fiercely loyal to family, a testifyer of truth, and an ardent lover of my grandmother. I hope that I have as passionate a marraige as he has when I am his age. It was so important when I was growing up to see how much my grandpa loved my grandma. I love that they still kiss in front of all of us--unabashed about their love. For all these things and more I am greatful for on this day. I love you grandpa Taggart.

February 4--










Brooke's Birthday. My beloved sister in law. I admire her so. I felt so bad that her card would be late because I didn't feel well enough to get out to the mailbox until the day of. But Brookey or Brookie is a treasure. She is one of the best little mothers I have ever met. She is such a helpmate and balancer of my big brother. Her children adore her. She adores them. She does so much on her own and yet I feel the strength of her little family. While Aaron works so hard, so does she. She has had to sit alone in church with three little ones while he is on the stand. She is a loving wife, mother, sister in law, sister, daughter, and daughter in law. The love she has for her family has enveloped me until I feel like I am part of her family as much as she is a part of mine. She is smart and clever, loyal and loving--not to mention beautiful. To my hero Brooke--Happy Birthday.

February 9-- Today is Bracken boy's birthday. I wish so much that I could be there. But I know that I am too sick and so unfortunately is my family. Today my Bean is one. It is a funny story about Bracken. When Brooke was expecting they decided not to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl. So in my mind I called the baby "the bean" because that was how big it was. Well, one night as I knelt to pray I was thinking of the baby and I could see this cute little boy with big blue eyes and a bubbly gurgle of a laugh. So that night I prayed for Bean our baby boy. It just felt right. I don't know how thrilled Brooke was at first but soon everyone was calling the baby Bean. Rylie decided with Nanie Jula that if the baby was a girl they would call her VerBeana. But Bean was a boy and Bracken Jay "Bean" Geary--Jelly Bean--Rolly Polly Brax Brax has been filling our lives with joy ever since. Love you Brackey Boy.



February 13--Grandpa Geary. Tomorrow would be Grandpa's birthday. It has been nine years since he died, but I feel him with me so very strongly. He is my angel watching over me and thought I miss his corporeal self I know he is always with me. War Hero and grandpa hero, a man with patience and love and a strong loyalty and willingness to sacrifice for his family. His wry sense of humor and wicked jokes will always stay with me.

8 comments:

Jake & Karaline said...

That was so sweet! I am sorry you have not been feeling well! That is the pits. Our prayers are with you and hope ypu get feeling better soon. Love ya

Brooke said...

Lish! I just barely read this post... that was so nice! What a sweetie you are! You are too kind! Thanks for all your love and support. We just love you! Sorry you have been so sick! I wish we could be doing more for you. Please don't ever hesitate to ask for anything ok! We hope to see you soon!

Gilbrides said...

Such a sweet post. It's nice to be reminded the impact we can have on other people. I am so glad you have such wonderful people in your life--you deserve it. I am sorry you have been sick so much and pray you will be feeling terrific in no time!

allison said...

Great tributes, I feel like I know them now!

allison said...

ps feel better

melmommy said...

You have such a way with words.

Krystal said...

Hi Alisha,
This is Joshua Wilkins signing on with my wife's blogger account. I just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing? Kathy Gilbrides told me how to find you in the blogging world. I am doing great, and so is my little family. We are in Boise right now. I'm getting my Masters in Geology at BSU. We have a 17 month old beautiful baby girl. You can see pictures of her on our blog. Hope all is well.

Love,
Joshua Wilkins

Krystal said...

P.S. It would be fun to look at Aaron and Brooke's blog, but since it's private we can't. Will you ask them to send us an invite to their blog? Our email is kmcw2002@hotmail.com