I have been sadly deficient in my blogging lately. I am writing a book, the infamous book from the previous two posts. By the way the first of my books will be in Deseret Book in two weeks. How weird is that? Anyway, I just got my new teaching schedule and have been thinking about assignments and such, and what with Jinx's musical mania I thought I would post my favorite assignment. Here you go my faithful readers:
If your life were a movie and had an appropriate soundtrack, and I bought a CD of that soundtrack--what would be on it and why?
I always have a soundtrack running in my head and a recent lack of being able to breathe has given me the opportunity to watch several musicals and my new favorite movie (besides Star Wars) Stranger than Fiction. I think he had an awesome soundtrack and notice how by the middle of the "film" the songs had words. Namely Punk songs, that show the juxtaposition of Harold Crick's new pseudo-life. What would be going on in your soundtrack?
2 comments:
While I'd like to have a fabulous soundtrack of big band swing music and show stopping numbers, I think that it would actually be quite minimal...like an episode of Seinfeld. There'd be a laugh track, and whenever I changed locales there'd be a funky bass riff.
Jared suggested that I'd have circus calliope music playing all the time.
Right now I'm listening to die Prinzen sing "Vergammelte Speisen." It's German. And it's all about rotting food.
Post a Comment