Friday, July 13, 2007
Late Night Thoughts
The writing bug always hits me a strange times. I sat down earlier today fully prepared to crank out my two thousand words and nothing happened. I started thinking about this blog and adding pictures and basically stalling for time. There is this lady that comes to our office every Friday. She is "The Cookie Lady" and boy howdy I tell you she makes good cookies. That is what she does. Three days a week she bakes and then freezes everything and then brings them around to offices and sales them. One bag for $3 and two bags for $5 dollars. These a culinary masterpeices. I mean really. Everything is from scratch, hence the fact that I can eat them. She makes these molasses ginger cookies that have veins of molten sugar running through them that are so soft and moist that your tastebuds think that you have died and gone to heaven. Anyway, that is what she does. She makes cookies and then she sales them to us poor wage slaves and she makes bank. That is her bliss. She has three kids and some amazing recipes. I have realized that teaching and writing are my bliss. But when bliss strikes at 11:06 and I trip on the way to the computer becuase the words are coming to me I think that maybe it might be easier just to make cookies. 4000 words to go. Deadline on Tuesday. Cookies and milk--Priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment