Wednesday, August 1, 2007

HairSpray

I think I have a new favorite to add to the list of Favorite Broadway shows. Hairspray is amazing and someday not only will I play Elphaba but I will also play Tracy Turnblat. Sigh...Soo good. The movie is good too. I saw it Monday night. Here is the ever changing list of top five favorite Broadways:

Wicked
Phantom
Les Miserables
Hairspray
Beauty and the Beast

Honorable mention:
Into the Woods
Big River

2 comments:

Jinx said...

Haha! I'm glad you enjoyed it so, and chose to share. I've not seen it, but I've heard from numerous sources that the movie's really good in practically every regard except for John Travolta. Again, I've not seen it, but a few people I've spoken to who have seen it, and two or three different reviews I've read have all liked it as a whole, but couldn't quite stomach Travolta as Edna. Too bad they didn't go with Harvey Fierstein.

I'm trying to think what my top 5 musicals would be.... Off the top of my head I think I'd go with (in no particular order):

Merrily We Roll Along
Into The Woods
Wicked
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
Seussical The Musical

With Notable Mentions...
Godspell
A Chorus Line

Thaddeus said...

I haven't seen many broadway productions. Or I would comment more.