Friday, November 9, 2007

Tag, I am It!

So I have just been tagged by Thaddeus, so here are the rules for you soon to be tagged people:

A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about himself/herself.
B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them each a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for these rules.

1. I have fruit issues. There are only a few exceptions of fruits I like--Berrys. I like green bannanas--no spots. I like cold granny smith apples that have been pealed and cut into thin wedges. I don't know maybe it is the texture issue but I just can't do it. I hate most apples, unless they are cooked, I am afraid of oranges.

2. I dream vividly and in technicolor and surround sound and usually remember every detail of what I dreamed. My mom has told me that I begin every morning conversation with "I had the weirdest dream. . . " They are all weird.

3. I sleep walk and talk in my sleep. This was really a problem when I was small. I actually walked out the front door once and the only thing that kept me from going in the road was that I slammed my finger in the door. I still have a permanently smushed ring finger on my right hand. An old roommated says that I would hum, sing, and laugh in my sleep also. That probably won't be very surprising to people.

4. I love fairy tales. I do believe in fairies--I do, I do. I have a growing collection of fairy tale children's books and retellings. I love them, particularly Beauty and the Beast and The Lady and the Tiger. My grandmother gave me a beautiful complete Grimm and Andersen's fairytales when I was twelve and I have read all of them numerous times. If I weren't an English teacher I would probably teach the folklore of Fairy Tales.

5. My left leg is an inch and a half shorter than my right leg--maybe that is why I am always a little off....

6. One of my nicknames is the "singing bush" instead of bursting into flame like the burning bush, I burst into song. Any random word can set me off and I always am singing a song in my head. On Wednesday I was distracted becuase I had a Franz Ferdinand song stuck in my head.
I tag Kendra, Jenny, Jared, Allison, Betsy, and Elizabeth.

2 comments:

Thaddeus said...

I always wanted to sleepwalk. Adventures always follow those who sleepwalk.

What do you call a woman with one leg longer than the other?

Eileen

What do you call a Chinese woman with one leg longer than the other?

Irene

Kendra said...

Thad...you are incorigible!

Alisha, I have to attest...you are a singing bush. That's one of the things I love about you!!

In regards to dreams, maybe we should collaborate someday and write a "Have you ever had a dream like this one?" book.