Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Write Now

Right now I write like a college student. I think and I think and I think and I think. Then I sit down when I absolutely have to and I bust it out. Then I leave it alone.  Then I come back to it and revise the heck out of it, wonder if it is any good, and ask others to read it before it is due.  It is sporadic and draining.  I mostly just write in my journal every day for at least fifteen minutes for various reasons.  When I am sick, I do neither.  It is strange.  I feel like now is the opportunity to have a schedule, not a schedule like my friend Joe's schedule that eschews even national holidays, but to write like it is my job to write.  Also to meditate. My life has been broken down lately.  I don't write every day like I have been for the last year.

In a perfect world.  I would awaken, eat, and write my morning pages.  Then I would peruse my blogs and news feeds to catch up on the news.  Then I would get to my YA novel and write five pages.  Then I would do Professional Development time: update resume, apply to jobs, send query letters, etc. Then I would read, cook excellent real food meals and go for a walk.


"I believe in the power of writing things down and then it happening." Shawn Stout

#wifyr Day 2

No comments: