The last few days. . . I tell you, they have been hard. But one of the wonderful things has been that almost miraculously, this beautiful gift came with all of the monsters and darkness.Gratitude.
Thankfulness.
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~Albert Schweitzer
Oh, there are so many things to be thankful for. So many people. So many rekindlers. Oh, where to start.
I am thankful for:
warm beds
food after a long day at church
my job
beautiful art that kindles my soul
My family: immediate and extended. They are there for me immediately. They extend their love around me and help me to remember who I am, encourage me that who I am is a good person to be. They affirm my personality. They help me to be silly. My brother keeps me from being too serious about myself. Mom, Dad, Brooke, Aaron, Rylie, Mason, Bracken. . . I started to list you all and the post was miles long. Just know that I am so thankful for you.
Snowflakes, real and paper
dogs
Joseph Smith
The Scriptures
The Restoration
Music
Knowing God
The Atonement of Jesus Christ
Knowing who I am and who I am meant to be
Blue goggles
My students
Tiaras
Sparkly fairy wings
Roses
Stars
Castles
Books
hooded sweatshirts
etc.
I have been thinking of two songs in particular that say what I feel
Thankful by Josh Groban
and Grateful by John Bucchino
Thankful
Sometimes we forget
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Look beyond ourselves
There's so much sorrow
It's way too late to say
I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth
It's so long overdue
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And every day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each other's light
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though this world needs so much more
There's so much to be thankful for
I've got a roof over my head
I've got a warm place to sleep
Some nights I lie awake counting gifts
Instead of counting sheep
I've got a heart that can hold love
I've got a mind that can think
There may be times when I lose the light
And let my spirits sink
But I can't stay depressed
When I remember how I'm blessed
Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful
Truly blessed
And duly grateful
In a city of strangers
I've got a family of friends
No matter what rocks and brambles fill the way
I know that they will stay in the end
I feel a hand holding my hand
It's not a hand you can see
But on the road to the promised land
This hand will shepherd me
Through delight and despair
Holding tight and always there
Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful
Truly blessed
And duly grateful
It's not that I don't want a lot
Or hope for more, or dream of more
But giving thanks for what I've got
Makes me so much happier than keeping score
In a world that can bring pain
I will still take each chance
For I believe that whatever the terrain
Our feet can learn to dance
Whatever stone life may sling
We can moan or we can sing
Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful
Truly blessed
And duly grateful
No comments:
Post a Comment