Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall and Comfort


So I have been craving comfort lately. So when I am troubled I cook. And I cook for people I love and it makes me feel better.Saturday was a crazy day. Rain and storms outside and inside.  But I found a haven at my friends' house. Ty and Alicia are just so awesome. I don't know if it is the fish tanks that emanate calm or the constant stash of dark chocolate--but they just make me feel better. So I made them Mac and Cheese. Well I made Lee Mac and Cheese because Tyler has issues with cheese sauce. And we had glazed baby carrots and peanut butter cookies and watched Pinky and the Brain until  I felt that life would be better.

So today, a strange day after feeling like I have lived half a lifetime in the last week, I went to my cousin's house and made her  . . . . Mac and Cheese for her birthday. We talked and baked Pumpkin bread and talked about how today's 66*F felt like Fall and Fall is sweet and sad and full of endings. Maybe I have melancholy. But I do know that good friends and good food and good hugs and good religion can heal just about everything.It is hard now, but it will get better. There is a plan.  So don't give up, never ever give up. You  know who you are.

No comments: