Yesterday after work I wandered my way over to Deseret Book. In the inspiration section I found a smallish grayish book with a pink gerbre daisy on the front. 50 Things that Really Matter to LDS People. In the history of the world this book will probably be forgotten, not even noticed. It will probably go to the sale table fairly soon in comparison to the Harry Potter books. But what makes this smallish grayish thing so lovleyish is that my name is in it. My words are in it, I am in it. I found me. To see my name in print and to know that I have a book, and then another book . . . eyes whelling with tears, my hands trembled as I held this smallish miracle in my life. It doesn't matter if nobody ever reads it. It is mine and it is the truth and that is what makes all the difference.
Never underestimate the power of smallish miracles. They can change the lives of those they happen to--in those crystal clear moments when it doesn't matter what anyone else feels or says or does about what you feel or say or do--joy can be found.
It feels so surreal. But it is true--I am a small part of a small book in a small miracle that has changed my view of the universe.
4 comments:
Congratulations! What a moment for you! Pretty surreal, I am sure. I guess I know what everyone is getting for Christmas from you this year... -Liz
WOW! I cannot imagine what it would be like to see something you wrote being sold in a bookstore...but I can only imagine that it would be the purest kind of elation!! I can't wait to get a copy...I'll let you know what I think!
Congratulations!!!
Alisha! I'm so sad you're already gone from work! I just wanted to tell you though that I found your book and Steven and I read your chapters and we both got goosebumps, you're really talented Alisha! Way to go!
oh my goodness, I need to run over to deseret book right now! alisha, that is so fantastic! what is this upcoming book about? I am so impressed.
ps. I'm glad I found you via the blogs. it's been so long, I've missed you!
Post a Comment