Friday, October 12, 2007

Blogging under Duress

So apparently I have been amiss in my blogging. I have just been harassed for not posting for almost a month. Not that it matters that I am a faithful responder or anything. Tonight is the pumpkin carving soiree. I love pumpkins: carving and eating them. I am new to loving Halloween. I know the entire history of Halloween and the folklore behind it, but as I posted on Hollywood's blog, I get scared very easily. In the past Halloween has been a dark time where I avoid the television and watch "White Christmas" on Halloween.

But suddenly I have entered a second childhood. I love dressing up. Last year I was Princess Leia and this year I am going to be Belle. I am a princess type of girl after all. I have always loved the pumpkins though, I think that is where I was really going with this--I love them. In the past Halloween has been a time to place holly at all entrances of the house and sit tight for All Hallow's Day--the holy time when all were safe. Now we leave the house and dress up as those evil spirits and get cavities. But there is a lovely feeling in this unrule--of misrule. So bring it on. I guess.

I will blog more. Okay...you happy?

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Welcome back! Yes...we're very happy to have you writing again 'cause we want to know all the little tid-bits of your life.

BTW - You'll have to post pictures of your Halloween as Belle....

Elissamae said...

Alisha...I have to admit, I am not much of a Halloween person myself. Even when I was little, I wasn't much for dressing up and going trick-or-treating. My room-mate thinks this is blasphemous...but for another reason...it's her birthday :)

Julie said...

Hey Lisha girl,

Are you being good?

It is your Auntie Julie!

I am currently halfway through Eclipse. I put all three S. Meyer books on hold and of course they all came available last week. I will see my family next week after a brief vacation with the vampires and werewolves in Forks.

Love,
Julie